AMP Beauty LA is a tech-forward beauty retailer dedicated to bringing beauty products to our users and shoppers through technology. In order to analyze the effectiveness of that technology, and provide the best shopping experience through personal curation; we retain information about our products, our shoppers and our brands.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. This information helps us to make our Site work more efficiently, evaluate use of our Site, and support our website analytics and marketing campaigns. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, click here.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers or gift card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”INTERNET-BASED ADVERTISING
We collect personal information about users over time and across different websites when you use this Site. We also have third parties that collect personal information this way. For example, we may use one or more third-party online advertising networks to serve ads on our behalf on third-party websites. The third-party ad network may collect information about your visits to our Site and your interaction with our online ads. For example, it may keep track of how many of our ads you saw before visiting our Site. This is primarily accomplished using technology such as cookies, action tags, web beacons, and/or GIF tags which are placed in various places within our Site and our online ads.
We may share information with third-party ad networks in an aggregate form to help us analyze and improve our Site and our online ads. The third-party ad networks may use information about your visit to our Site and other websites in order to provide you with ads about goods and services that may be of interest to you. For example, if you browse for information about hair and skin products on our Site or on third-party websites, we or the online ad network may show you ads for mascara products. If you would like more information about this practice or the process of opting out of online ad networks, please click here. If you opt-out of interest-based ads, you will still see ads on websites you visit, but those ads will not be based on your browsing behavior.WEBSITE, WI-FI SERVICE, INTERNET SERVICE, AND MOBILE APPLICATION
When you access, download, or use our Site (defined above), we may receive information about the device you are using. This information may include, but is not limited to, the type of device you use, the temporary or persistent unique device identifier “UDID” placed by us or our service providers, the unique identifier assigned by AMP Beauty LA to your device, the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of browser you use, and data from the way you use our Site.
Our Site may also collect information about the location of your device. For example, the IP address of your device may reveal information about your approximate location. Your device should require you to provide permission before our Site obtains precise geolocation information from a browser's geolocation API or from technologies like GPS, Wi-Fi, and/or cell towers. We may use it to curate product suggestions based on weather in your locale (i.e. sunscreen). We and our service providers may use this approximate location and/or precise geolocation information, along with other information submitted by you, to provide you with location-based services like search results, special offers, and other personalized content.
Most browsers and mobile devices allow users to enable or disable precise geolocation using pop-ups or controls located in the settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's precise geolocation services, please contact your browser developer, mobile service carrier, or device manufacturer.SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS AND SINGLE SIGN-ON SERVICES
This Site uses third-party social media widgets such as buttons or similar mechanisms from Facebook,Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and/or FourSquare. Such third-party features may collect information about you, like your IP address and the page(s) you visit on the Site. They may also place cookies on your device. These social media widgets are either hosted by a third party or by our Site. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the third party social media networks that provide them.
CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE
This Site is directed to adults, and does not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13, and you believe your child has provided personal information to our Site that you would like us to delete, please contact us at email@example.com.
VIRTUAL BEAUTY INFORMATION
The collection of "Virtual Beauty Information" is governed by the Virtual Beauty Try-On Additional Terms and Conditions in the Site.
We may collect any information relating to the below interactions with the Site:
- AMP Beauty Society Program
- Job Applications
- Public Forums and AMP Beauty LA’s Community or Society
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services;
- Share with our third-party partners, vendors or brands to improve their products or provide feedback or complaints about their products;
- Develop business relationships by offering our database as a data consultancy service.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- We collect Device Information for physical security, cybersecurity, incident response and risk reduction purposes; for legal, recordkeeping, and compliance purposes; and for other purposes communicated to you at the time of collection.
3. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store—you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information, here. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site—you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information, here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics, here.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
4. BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page, here.
You can opt out of targeted advertising. Common links include:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal, here.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Your Rights in California
This Privacy Notice for California Residents is supplemental to the information above.
We adopt this notice to comply with California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.100 et seq.) ("CCPA") and the regulations enacted by the Office of the Attorney General of California in connection with the CCPA. The CCPA gives California Residents the right to know what personally identifiable information is collected about them, and how it will be used, disclosed, and sold. The CCPA also gives California Residents the right to request access to, delete, and request that their personal information not be sold.
We collect information from you when you interact with us, whether online or offline. We collect the information listed below when you provide it to us or interact with us online or through offline sources. The information we collect from you will depend on the nature of our interaction, but may include the following categories that we have collected from consumers and disclosed in the preceding twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers: Contact information (such as your name, address, and telephone number); unique identifiers (such as a device identifier and a government-issued ID number); financial information (such as a credit or debit card number); and online identifiers (such as an internet protocol address and a social media channel ID).
- Legally Protected Demographics: Such as your race, ethnicity, or gender identity.
- Commercial information: Such as records of the products or services you purchased or considered purchasing.
- Biometric information: Such as the geometry of your face.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: Such as your browsing history, search history, and interactions with the Site (as defined above).
- Geolocation information: Your physical location.
- Sensory information: Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information related to you.
- Inferences: Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above.
Your Rights Under the CCPA
The CCPA provides you (as a California resident) with specific rights subject to certain limited exceptions:
- The Right to Know. You have a right under the CCPA to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell. The process for exercising this right is described below under Exercising Your Right to Know and Right to Deletion.
- The Right to Deletion. You have a right under the CCPA to request deletion of any personal information about you that we have collected from you. The process for exercising this right is described below under Exercising Your Right to Know and Right to Deletion.
- The Right to Opt Out. You have a right under the CCPA to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. The process for exercising this right is described below under Sale of Information and Your Right to Opt Out.
- The Right to Non-Discrimination. You have a right under the CCPA not to be discriminated against for the exercise of your other rights. This includes the right not to be denied goods or services, not to be charged different rates for goods or services, and not to receive a different level or quality of goods or services from us for your exercise of your privacy rights under the CCPA.
As noted above, Right to Know and Right to Deletion are subject to certain limited exceptions: we may not be required to provide you access to the specific pieces of information we have collected about you or delete information if we have not been able to verify your identity, and we may not be required to delete information under certain circumstances. For example, we are not required to delete information that is necessary to complete a transaction, to detect security incidents, or for certain other internal purposes.
Sale of Information and Your Right to Opt Out
The CCPA requires us to inform you whether we currently use your personal information (or used your personal information during the past twelve (12) months) in a way that would be considered a "sale" (as defined under the CCPA). If we engage (and have engaged for the past twelve (12) months) in activity, including the use of third-party cookies and tags, that could be considered the "sale" (as defined in the CCPA) of (a) online identifiers and (b) internet or other electronic network activity information (each as defined in the table above) to marketing companies that support our online marketing efforts as well as to third parties that may have a secondary use of this information.
Disclosure of Information
The CCPA requires us to inform you whether we disclose your personal information to other parties. We do disclose your information in certain circumstances to Service Providers and other third parties, as described above, and we have disclosed this information as permitted in the preceding twelve (12) months.
California's "Shine the Light" Law
If you are a California resident and an AMP Beauty LA customer, you have the right to request information from us once per calendar year regarding the customer information we share with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. To request this information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Request for California Privacy Information' in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you via an email response.
California's "Eraser Button" Law
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user of the Site (as defined above), you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our website or other online services. Fulfillment of the request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user).
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
5. DATA RETENTION
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
7. CONTACT US
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.